For your scuba diving certification courses while in Cozumel, Mexico, look no further than Maple Leaf Scuba. We offer a variety of courses for you to experience the underwater world on Cozumel's best reefs or anywhere in the world.
The Scuba Diver Certification course is the course for you if you do not have enough time to take the full Open Water certification or you want to dive with the supervision of a divemaster.
You are required to read three out of five chapters in the Open Water book along with completing the knowledge reviews for each of those chapters. You will complete three of the five confined water dives from the beach as well as two of the four open water dives from the full Open Water certification. Once completed, you will receive a Scuba Diver certification card. This certification allows you to dive under the supervision of a divemaster up to a maximum of 40 feet (12 meters). It can be upgraded to a full Open Water certification at any time in the future.
Maple Leaf Scuba caters to your time and needs while on vacation in Cozumel, Mexico.
- Duration: 2 days
- Prerequisite: Minimum 10 years of age.
- Price: $325 USD
Open Water Diver Course
This is where it all starts. This course is the most popular course and highly recognized anywhere in the world. You will receive a full Open Water certification upon completion of this course. It will allow you to dive up to 60 feet(18 meters) to explore the many beautiful reefs in Cozumel or within the world’s oceans.
The course is very intensive but yet very fun. There are three sections:
- Knowledge Development- This section requires you to read five chapters of the Open Water textbook followed by answering questions and quizzes at the end of each chapter. You are required to watch a video which reiterates everything you learned in the textbook. Followed by a multiple choice exam of 50 questions. It is a very simple read so there is no reason to feel intimidated.
- Confined Water Dives- You learn basic scuba diving skills from the beach in shallow water of up to 15 feet (5 meters). You will complete five confined water dives which will cover everything you need to know as an introductory Open Water Diver. An instructor will explain the objectives behind each skill and give a demonstration both on land and in the water to further assist you in mastering the necessary skills to become certified.
- Open Water Dives – Again from the beach, you descend no deeper than 40 feet (18 meters) to demonstrate your mastering of the basic scuba diving skills learned in the confined water section. On the last dive, you have more time to enjoy the reef and to really experience the feeling of being an Open Water diver.
After you complete this course, you will focus your future vacations around diving. Get certified now with Maple Leaf Scuba to make your dreams a reality.
- Duration: 3 days.
- Prerequisite: Must be 10 years old or older. You must have adequate swimming skills and be in good physical health. Prior experience scuba diving is not required.
- Price: $430 USD
Open Water E-learning
Start anytime. This is an interactive online course which gives you the freedom to complete at your own pace. You will learn the background information you need to dive safely. All the theory portion is covered here from the knowledge reviews, quizzes to the exam. However, you are required to complete the confined and open water dives before obtaining a full Open Water Certification.
Completing the online e-learning before heading out on vacation is a great way to enjoy more time on your vacation and possibly to enjoy more dives. What better place to do it then in the warm turquoise waters of Cozumel.
- Duration: 3 days
- Prerequisite: Must be 10 years old or older. You will need to have adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. Prior experience scuba diving is not required.
- Price: $340 USD does not include the cost of the PADI e-learning program
Open Water Referral
Upon completing the academic and confined water dives within the past year, you will now complete your four open water dives. These dives are a repeat of the skills you learned during your confined water dives. Taking place from the beach, you will descend in water no deeper than 40 feet (12 meters). You are required to demonstrate the basic diving skills learned in your confined water dives. On your last dives, you have more time to enjoy the beautiful reefs of Cozumel and to really experience the feeling of being an Open Water diver.
This is the perfect course to take if your time is limited while on vacation and if you would like to enjoy more of Cozumel’s reefs.
- Duration: 2 days
- Prerequisite: Minimum 10 years old with a signed referral document valid within 1 year.
- Price: $250 USD
Advanced Open Water
Take your diving to the next level by becoming an Advanced Open Water Diver. With this course, you complete five adventure dives. You will choose three different adventure dives ranging from multilevel, drift, underwater photography, wreck, underwater naturalist, peak performance buoyancy, night, to boat diving along with two mandatory dives- deep and navigation. This certification will allow you to dive to 100 feet (30 meters) giving you access to the majority of Cozumel’s reefs.
The course can be completed in 2.5 days. There are two days of two tank boat dives and a navigation shore dive. You are also required to read five chapters and complete knowledge reviews for each of these chapters. There is no exam for this course.
Contact Maple Leaf Scuba today to take your diving to the next level.
- Duration: 2.5 days
- Prerequisite: Open Water Diver (Junior) who is minimum 12 years old.
- Price: $375 USD
This course is the most challenging yet the most rewarding. You learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver. The course is fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between all the learning.
This course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
The course consists of a theory portion with knowledge reviews and an exam along with three days of practical in-water exercises.
Contact Maple Leaf Scuba to learn more about how you can enhance your diving skills to help you become a safer and more confident diver.
- Duration: 3 days
- Prerequisite: Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in this course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- Price: $400 USD
Emergency First Responder (EFR)
This course increases your confidence in rescue situations and further increases your willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. In this course, you work closely with an instructor to learn the skills and theory necessary to identify and respond to a medical emergency. You learn life saving assistance while waiting for emergency medical care to arrive.
The EFR course meets the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course and all professional-level ratings.
- Duration: 1 day
- Prerequisite: The only prerequisite to the course is a desire to learn and an ability to understand the course content. Anyone of any age can take this course.
- Price: $150 USD
Divemaster- Inquire within
If you are looking at becoming a certified divemaster, Maple Leaf Scuba is here to assist you. For complete details, we ask that you contact us with your requirements and we will design a custom program for you to meet your goal.
All Maple Leaf Scuba's certification scuba diving courses include equipment, transportation to the beach, certification fees, instruction and lots of fun.
All certification courses will require the completion of a PADI medical statement and questionnaire (click to download). Please have this form completed before you arrive. If not, you can visit the Hyperbaric Chamber located in Cozumel to have it completed.
PADI Certification Courses available:
All our diving certification courses follow the PADI Certification and are taught by PADI certified dive instructors. The following diagram provides a complete list of the many PADI Certification courses that are available.
Need More Information?
For more information on any of the certification courses shown, please contact Maple Leaf Scuba.